Sunday, March 18, 2012

Social Work Confessions "Come on Scooby Doo, we're gonna go check out the weirdo."

Ah, drug use.  AKA Social Worker job security.  I personally prefer the families who are upfront with me about it.  They keep it out on the coffee table or tell me their high minutes before we walk into court.  Cheers for honesty!

I have no judgement on these parents as long as their children are receiving excellent care.  If the kids are well loved, well cared for, clean and fed. If they are read books at night and are given kisses every morning, do what ya gotta do, because addiction sucks.

But if your house is nasty and your kids haven't been to school in days or bathed in weeks. If they are begging at neighbors houses for food and their tears go unheeded.  If there are so many strangers coming in and out of your house that your kids have to hide under the sink to feel safe...

If your beautiful child comes to me and says that:
"Mama keeps her joints in my Scooby Doo lunch box under the couch."

Then my reply will be,  "Thank you very much, lets go find you some new parents."

No comments:

Post a Comment