Friday, April 20, 2012

It's Time.

Big day today.  It's hard to explain how I am feeling but it's kind of like finally crossing off that one thing on your to do list that you have been avoiding forever. I am taking a step in faith and starting Catholic Worker services in Tulsa.  I am fully prepared, having no money, no specific goals, no location and no recipients.  But even so, I have more resources at my fingers than Mother T., Dorothy or Saint Zita did when they began. 

I have prayed and asked God to keep me in His will so I don't get in the way and screw this up.  I have no intentions of seeking donations, aside from prayers.  I will not use this to make a salary or provide tax right-offs.  This is going to be a place where anyone can share what they have with whoever comes and needs it.  If we have food for 5 people and there are 20 people who need food, then 5 people get food and the other 15 get prayers. We will not be requiring any intake information from anyone at our door (assuming I ever have an actual door).  Help will be given without strings, without questions, without judgement and without expectations of repayment.  Anyone at our door will be Christ and will be treated as such.

This is not a spontaneous act.  This is the end of 25 years of dragging my feet and being afraid.  I am out of excuses.  It doesn't matter that I have nothing and it doesn't matter that I live in the most generous city in the country.  Competition for serventhood is great.  But God has been patiently waiting for my obedience and He is now going to get it.

Pray for us. (and like our facebook page :))

https://www.facebook.com/#!/SaintZitaCatholicWorkerHouse

No comments:

Post a Comment